The Liquid Crystal Magna comes in its own made to measure crate designed to protect your Liquid Crystal Magna. Follow the steps below properly to unpack your printer:
Note: Please do not remove the protective film covering the printer screen
(Refer to safety instructions in the user manual)
Once you reach this stage, LC Magna should already be in position on a secure appropriate bench, ready for use.
1. Open the door and remove linear drive protection
2. Take the power cable and align plug to Magna’s power socket as shown in the photo. Push the plug in, and twist 90 degrees clockwise until it clicks. Then, connect the power cable to a wall socket.
NOTE: To unplug the printer from the power, first unplug the power cord from the wall socket. Then disconnect the plug from the printer.
NOTE: To remove the plug, pull back the latch and twist 90 degrees anticlockwise.
3. Also at this stage, you can prepare the printer for internet connectivity.
3.1. Wi-Fi- Push the supplied Wi-Fi dongle into the back panel socket.
3.2. Ethernet- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the socket with the other end connected to your local area network.
Now, turn the printer on by pushing the front power button.
Note: When you press the maintain button the LC Magna logo will turn from red to blue.
5. If you are planning to connect to Wi-Fi, go to the Network menu.
Select your Wi-Fi network.
Write the password and connect.
You should see an IP address appear in the top left corner of the GUI Home menu.
6. Your LC Magna is all set and ready to use.
LC Magna Setting Up First Print
LC Magna Setting Up Wi-Fi
Print Pre-Sliced file
We have stored two test files on your printer. One has been prepared to work with Daylight Magna Hard black resin and the other with Daylight Magna Dental White resin.
1. Pick one of the sample resins
2. Make sure vat bolts are fully tightened.
3. Empty 2kg of sample resin into the vat.
4. Select the relevant file and press print.
5. Once the print is done, you can start the cleaning process.
Photocentric Studio Software set-up
1. Please refer to the Photocentric Studio manual here to install software and activate your license.
2. Select LC Magna and your desired resin profile then press apply.
1. Open your STL, OBJ or P3D file or files. Orient and support them as you wish. Suitable orientation and support layout are vital to achieve success. Please refer to example here to learn how to correctly orient and support files.
2. In order to achieve the highest accuracy with LC Magna, we recommend you scale up models in X and Y by 0.5%.
For maximum accuracy, we also recommend locating parts 5mm higher than the build platform and adding supports
Note: For Dental arches the latter step is not necessary.
3. If you have more than one part on the platform, choose Nesting option to auto-align parts on the platform.
4. Click Slice icon.
5. Select your preferred location to save the sliced file.
6. You can change your sliced file name in the pop-up window if required.
7. Now, start slicing.
1. Save the sliced *.cws file onto your USB drive (if you are connected to the internet you can upload it directly: see instructions below from point 4)
2. Insert USB and select the Print Files icon on the touchscreen.
3. After a few seconds, your file will appear in the print job queue.
4. To upload using the internet, proceed as follows:
4.1 Write your LC Magna IP address (see top left corner of GUI), in your web browser address box.
4.2 Press Upload, then Browse and select your file to open.
4.3 Press Upload file.
4.4 Once uploading is complete (100%), click on main page.
4.5 Your file should appear on both the web interface and machine interface (GUI).
1. Make sure the vat is clean, dry and bolted down tightly.
NOTE: Bolting the vat down tightly is critical for successful peel release. You can check peel function by going to the Maintain menu, selecting Pump button and following on-screen instructions.
2. Make sure platform is clean and bolted tightly into place.
3. Add resin to vat. Use volume gauge to add required amount of resin.
NOTE: you need to fill resin up to the MIN mark and then add the required amount of resin for your print. For example, if Photocentric Studio shows a total volume of 1L – add 2.5L of resin. (1.5L min + 1L for parts).
4. Select your file from Print Files menu and press print.
5. Once the print is done the LC Magna logo will change from red to green, you can start the cleaning process (sections 3 and 4).
1. Take off the platform. Drain off excess resin by holding the platform vertically over the vat.
2. Wipe off the remaining excess resin from the platform with absorbent paper.
3.1. Place the platform in Photocentric Wash99 filled with Photocentric Resin Cleaner. Wash for 5-10 minutes.
If necessary, leave longer than 10 minutes.
Take the platform out of the wash unit and rinse with warm/hot water.
3.2. Spray warm soapy water over the parts. A sponge or soft brush can be useful to clean detailed parts. Rinse with warm/hot water.
4. Once cleaned, there should be no trace of uncured resin visible.
5. If you have access to an air compressor with an air gun, you can dry your parts after cleaning. We recommend this for delicate and accurate parts to ensure all holes and pores are free of any traces of uncured resin.
1. Gently remove the parts from the platform by sliding the scraper (provided) or a snap-off blade knife (taking great care) underneath parts.
2. Place parts under hot water (60°C) in UV light for 15 minutes to remove the surface tack.
3. Large parts can be post exposed for 1 hr in water, under UV light.
4. Once post exposure is complete, dry parts and your print is ready.
5. To prepare for the next print job, scrape off any cured resin and clean the build platform with hot water and Photocentric Resin Cleaner in the spray bottle. Dry the platform and place on the print arm.
Note: Take extra care to make sure the platform is clean and there is no residue of cured parts. Any hard resin may pierce the vat film and could cause print failure. Please see Maintain Section 5.
6. Pour the remaining resin from the vat back into the bottle using the funnel and filter paper provided.
7. Use the vat cleaning tool (provided) to direct any excess resin from the vat down towards the funnel.
8. Place the vat on the Foam Vat Cleaning Mat (provided) and mop up any resin residue with absorbent paper.
9. Use the soft spatula (provided) extremely carefully to remove small cured pieces.
Note: Take extra care to make sure the Cleaning Mat is perfectly clean and there are no chips of cured resin on it. If the vat film gets damaged, it can lead to a vat leak and damage to your printer.
10. Make sure your screen plate area is clean prior to placing the vat back into place on the printer.
11. If you have evidence of a leak on the screen, mop up the liquid resin immediately using absorbent paper or a damp tissue with IPA. Hardened resin can be removed by chipping off carefully with the provided soft spatula. It is extremely important to keep your screen plate surface clean from any resin. If not, you risk print and/or printer failures.
You will need to change the vat film after 6 times of use.
1x LC Magna Vat film
1x set of gaskets (1x Vat gasket + 1x vat seal)
1x Pozi1 Screwdriver
1x Pozi2 Screwdriver
Clean surface area.
v 18.104.22.168 15th July 2019
Please read the instructions carefully. Keep this document for future reference. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
– Magna weighs approx 100kg. Ensure you have four people available to remove Magna from its crate.
– The footprint of Magna is 850mmx640mm. Take care to choose a flat and stable work bench that can handle Magna’s weight and foot print.
– Magna’s height is 980mm. We recommend a work bench with a height of 800mm to allow for comfortable operation.
– Plug in the power cord first, then connect the plug to the AC power outlet.
– Unplug the power cord before disconnecting from the printer.
– Do not operate outdoors.
– Do not allow resin or any liquids to get inside the chassis; wipe up any liquid spills immediately.
– Disconnect the printer from AC before storage or when not used for a long period of time.
– This 3D printer is connected to the electrical network with an input of 110 or 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz.
– Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate this product where people could walk on the cord.
– If an extension cord is used with this product, make sure that the total ampere rating of the equipment plugged into the extension cord does not exceed the extension cord ampere rating. Also, make sure that the total rating of all products plugged into the wall outlet does not exceed the fuse rating.
– Do not overload a power outlet, strip or receptacle by plugging in too many devices.
– Use the product only with the supplied power supply cord set.
– In case of malfunction, disconnect the printer immediately from the power network.
– Do not attempt to fix this product by yourself, as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage points or other risks. Refer all repairs to qualified service personnel. Please send an email to your national supplier or contact technical service at:
Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to a qualified service personnel if:
– The power cord or plug is damaged, cut or frayed.
– Liquid has been spilt in the machine.
– The machine has been exposed to rain or water.
– The machine has been dropped or the case has been damaged.
– The machine does not operate normally after following the operating instructions.
– Keep the printer and resins out of the reach of children.
– The resin is an irritant to skin and eyes. Always wear gloves when coming into contact with the liquid resin. Always use in a well ventilated room.
– We recommend connecting Magna to your extraction unit through the hole in the back panel, using the supplied extraction spigot
– Resins are classified as irritants, not harmful, but in exceptional circumstances people can be sensitive to the resin and develop a skin irritation or rash. Avoid this possibility by always wearing gloves and avoid breathing fumes.
– The printer should be operated on a stable and level surface, preferably away from direct ambient light.
Do not throw this electronic device into the waste when discarding. To minimise pollution and ensure protection of the environment, please recycle or return to Photocentric for recycling.
Printers supplied through this website or one of our authorized distributors are supplied with a 12 month Warranty from the date of delivery. If goods are faulty on arrival, you have 30 days from receipt of goods to notify us and receive a refund or replacement. In this case, Photocentric will send a GRN and courier labels to be printed and attached to the parcel. If, during the first year of ownership, you perceive a problem with any part of the printer that is not a consumable, please contact us in writing at email@example.com with as much information as possible, including your order number or printer number. We will ask questions and you will assist us in diagnosing any issues with your product. We will send replacement parts or bring the printer in for repairs at Photocentric or one of our distributors, as deemed necessary. The warranty does not cover any damage or fault caused by misuse, neglect, accident, improper storage or repair or any other reason that is not attributable to Photocentric. Photocentric is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to use of printers or other products.
Except as explicitly provided in these Terms, we do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our products will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the product will be accurate or reliable.
Photocentric believes that its products work as intended, but you should not use any Photocentric product in any situations where health or safety might be at risk. In addition, Photocentric makes no representations regarding the fitness of Photocentric’s hardware or software provided, for the design or construction of parts or components that may be subject to additional regulation in your jurisdiction, such as toys, weapons, or medical devices. In particular, Photocentric does not sell any product or service intended or approved for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, in man or other animals. In no event shall Photocentric be liable for any death or bodily injury that you suffer, or that you cause to any third party, in connection with your use of Photocentric products for such purposes. Further, Photocentric products should not be used by untrained or underage users. Photocentric disclaims any express or implied warranty of fitness for such usage.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the Products is at your sole risk. The products and services delivered to you are (except to the extent otherwise expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
No Photocentric reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PHOTOCENTRIC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION OR ANY OTHER REASON, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED OR USED WITH PHOTOCENTRIC PRODUCTS AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCT.