Installing the software
Note: For further support on the tools of the software you need to activate the support mode. You can do this by going to Help on the top menu, Help documentation, Supporting.
1. Load your file into the Photocentric Studio Software.
2. Click on ‘Support Mode’ on the right side pane.
3. Click on ‘Generate Supports and the supports will be generated automatically for the model.
You can use these two tools to flatten supports . This solves the problem of lattice supports becoming slow, this can happen when very detailed supports are used. Typically this would be used once you have finished with an object, allowing you to easily handle 20 objects.
Note: Some stl models have a very shiny surface which is difficult to see when adding supports. To solve this issue you can change the view to Filled Frame.
You can adjust or manually add supports to your models using Photocentric Studio. For more information how to do so refer to the support videos below.
Supporting and Slicing Your File with Photocentric Studio – PRO Hard Black 100um
Supporting and Slicing Your File with Photocentric Studio – LC Pro High Tensile White 100um
Supporting and Slicing Your File with Photocentric Studio – LC Pro Tough Resin 100um Part 1
Supporting and Slicing Your File with Photocentric Studio – LC Pro Tough Resin 100um Part 2
Supporting and Slicing Your File with Photocentric Studio – LC HR2 with Flexible Resin
Supporting and Slicing Your File with Photocentric Studio – LC HR2 High Tensile Resin
Supporting and Slicing Your File with Photocentric Studio – LC HR2 with Firm Resin 50um
LC Precision 1.5 – Adding Supports with Photocentric Studio
This section only applies if you are using the LC Precision or LC Pro. For users of the LC Precision 1.5, LC HR and LC HR2 please follow the instructions below.
Save your file to a USB as .zip format and insert it in the front socket of the printer. Then wait for 10 seconds and press Print to refresh and the printable files will show on the screen. Select your file and press Print.
1. Open printer controller by clicking on this icon
2. To connect your printer via print controller select COM port and display then use Connect button.
3. After successful connection select Manual Controls to check the screen and stepper motor are functioning and connection correctly. Select Display Grid to check your printer display, your display should show a grid. To show blank screen and turn off grid select Display Blank.
4. For LC Precision you will need to write in the red circled section command M106 to check your screen and back-light, then press Display Grid. Use command M107 to turn off. For the LC Pro simply press the display grid.
5. To upload a file please use the Select Zip button. Uploaded file format can be zip, cws or folder with sliced images and g-code.
6. To begin the print process press the Start button . The software will inform you when the print process has finished.