The Liquid Crystal Precision 1.5 comes in its own made to measure packaging. Follow the steps below properly to unpack your printer, or watch the informative unboxing video below:
Note: Please do not remove the protective film covering the printer screen
6. USB with Photocentric License Key
7. Plastic Scraper (Vat Cleaning Tool)
9. Power Adaptor (48V)
10. Power Supply
11. Print Sample
12. Allen Key
13. Nitrile Gloves
14. 2 x disposable vats
1. Remove the hood
2. Take off the platform. Place the hood back onto the printer to protect the resin in the vat from light.
3. Wipe excess resin from the platform off with absorbent paper. Hold the platform over a sink, spray warm soapy water or Photocentric Resin Cleaner over parts to clean off excess of resin.
4. You can rinse off the rest of resin with hot water. Be gentle with delicate parts. Water pressure may damage them.
5. Once cleaned, you shouldn’t be able to see any trace of uncured resin.
6. If you have access to an air compressor with an air gun, you can dry your parts after cleaning. We recommend this for delicate and accurate parts to ensure all holes and pores are free of any traces of uncured resin.
1. Gently remove the parts from platform by sliding the scraper (provided) underneath parts.
Note: Depending on your application, you can remove supports at this stage or leave them on during the post exposure process. For jewellery applications, we recommend removing the supports when parts are soft (before post exposure) to avoid leaving support marks on parts.
2. Place parts underwater in light (UV, sunlight or a table light) for a least 30 minutes to remove the surface tack. Parts get fully hardened by being under UV light for 2 hours and in hot water (60°C).
3. Once post exposure is complete, dry the parts and your print is complete.
Note:For any applications where accuracy of parts is critical (like dental use), we recommend post exposing in water and under light while parts are still attached to the platform.
30 minutes post exposure
2 hours post exposure
1. To prepare for the next print job, scrape off any cured resin and clean the build platform with hot water and liquid soap. Dry the platform. Now, your build platform is ready for your next print, with no extra adjustment.
2. Pour the remaining resin in the vat back into the bottle through the funnel using the filter paper provided.
3. Use the vat cleaning tool (white card) to direct any excess of resin from vat down to the funnel.
4. Place the vat on paper towels and mop up resin residue with absorbent paper. After you can clean with damp soapy paper.
5. Ensure you clean the vat thoroughly. Cured resin can easily pierce the vat film and adversely affect the homing of your next print. Ultimately you could damage the screen film and even your screen.
6. If you have a leak on the screen, mop up the liquid resin immediately using absorbent paper or a damp tissue with soapy water or IPA. Hardened resin can be removed by chipping off with provided white card or plastic scraper. Metal
scrapers should only be used with extreme care to avoid scratching the screen film. It is extremely important to keep your screen plate surface clean from any resin. If not, you risk print failures.
Please read carefully.
Re-skinning the vat is a simple process but care and attention must be paid to cleanliness and removing cured bits of resin. Make sure at each stage of the process that the work surface, vat, and your hands are very clean and free from debris that may cause holes in the film.
1. Remove the film currently taped to the vat and dispose of it. It may be possible to use the double-sided tape again if it has no resin on it. If the tape cannot be reused, remove it completely and replace on the lower edge of the vat.
2. Wipe the vat clean and wash all parts with soap and water. Pay attention to the underside of the vat, resin may have cured here. Remove any hard bits of resin as they may make a hole when tightening the new film over it.
3. Place double sided tape at the top of all four sides of the vat. Check the new vat film isn’t pierced or dented and place it over the protective brown paper, on a flat work surface. Place one edge of the vat along the edge of vat film.
4. Fold over the other side of the film and pulling it firmly tight in the middle stretch the edges out so there are no creases.
5. Pull each side of the film up and onto the sides of the vat.
6. Apply single sided tape at the corners over the folds to keep the film tight. The vat should now be tensioned. Trim excess edges off. On the short sides of the vat place a piece of single sided tape.
7. Finally, fill with water and leave on absorbent paper to check for leaks. Drain and dry with paper towel before use.
We recommend installing Photocentric Studio, which comes with your printer, after you have printed the pre-loaded test file on your LC Precision 1.5. Photocentric Studio is perfect to slice and support your files ready to print – to get started follow the set up instructions below.
1. Load your file into the Photocentric Studio Software.
2. Click on ‘Support Mode’ on the right side pane.
3. Click on ‘Generate Supports and the supports will be generated automatically for the model.
You can adjust or manually add supports to your models using Photocentric Studio. For more information how to do so refer to the support video below.
LC Precision 1.5 – Adding Supports with Photocentric Studio
We recommend you calibrate your platform every 100 prints. An uncalibrated platform may lead to failures due to first layers not attaching to the build plate or shifting layers during print.
1. Select Maintain on the screen menu.
2. Press Calibrate Platform and follow screen instructions carefully.
3. Loosely lock the bolts in the orientation as shown in figure 1 and then tighten them all fully.
4. When you press Finish your calibration will be complete and your LC Precision 1.5 is once more ready for use.
1. It is extremely important to keep the top surface of your printer clean. If the screen film gets damaged please replace it.
2. Please vacuum the two chassis fans (rear panel and bottom fans) every two months. It is important to keep fans dust free and avoid overheating the electronic parts.
Read the instructions carefully. Keep this document for future reference. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product. Observe
the following guidelines when connecting and disconnecting power to the external power supply unit:
– Install the power supply unit before connecting the power cord to the AC power outlet.
– Unplug the power cord before removing the power supply unit from the printer.
– Operate on a table or flat, stable surface, ensuring that the machine cannot fall and is level.
– Do not operate outdoors.
– Do not allow resin or any liquids to get inside the chassis, wipe up any liquid spills immediately.
– Disconnect the printer from AC before storage or when not used for a long period of time. This 3D printer is connected to the electrical network with an input of 110 or 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, and has an operational voltage of 48 V.
– Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate this product where people will walk on the cord.
– If an extension cord is used with this product, make sure that the total ampere rating of the equipment plugged into the extension cord does not exceed the extension cord ampere rating. Also, make sure that the total rating of all products plugged into the wall outlet does not exceed the fuse rating.
– Do not overload a power outlet, strip or receptacle by plugging in too many devices.
– Use the product only with the supplied power supply cord set. If you need to replace the power cord set, make sure that the new power cord meets the following requirements: detachable type, UL listed/CSA certified, VDE approved or its equivalent, 4.5 meters (15 feet) maximum
– In case of malfunction, disconnect the printer immediately from network.
– Do not attempt to fix this product by yourself, as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage points or other risks. Refer all repairs to qualified service personnel.
Please send an email to your national supplier or contact technical service at:
Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to a qualified service personnel if:
– The power cord or plug is damaged, cut or frayed.
– Liquid has been spilled in the machine.
– The machine was exposed to rain or water.
– The machine has been dropped or the case has been damaged.
– The machine does not operate normally after following the operating instructions.
– Keep the printer and resins out of the reach of children.
– The resin is an irritant to skin and eyes. Always wear gloves when coming into contact with the liquid resin. Always use in a well ventilated room.
– Resins are classified as irritants, not harmful, but in exceptional circumstances people can be sensitive to the resin and develop a skin irritation or rash. Avoid this possibility by always wearing gloves and avoid breathing
– The printer should be operated on a stable and level surface, preferably away from direct ambient light.
Do not throw this electronic device into the waste when discarding. To minimise pollution and ensure protection of the environment, please recycle or return to Photocentric for recycling.
Printers supplied through this website or one of our authorized distributors are supplied with a 12 month Warranty from the date of delivery. If goods are faulty on arrival, you have 30 days from receipt of goods to notify us and receive a refund or replacement. In this case, Photocentric will send a GRN and courier labels to be printed and attached to the parcel. If, during the first year of ownership, you perceive a problem with any part of the printer that is not a consumable, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information as possible, including your order number or printer number. We will ask questions and you will assist us in diagnosing any issues with your product. We will send replacement parts or bring the printer in for repairs at Photocentric or one of our distributors, as deemed necessary. The warranty does not cover any damage or fault caused by misuse, neglect, accident, improper storage or repair or any other reason that is not attributable to Photocentric. Photocentric is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to use of printers or other products.
Except as explicitly provided in these Terms, we do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our products will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the product will be accurate or reliable.
Photocentric believes that its products work as intended, but you should not use any Photocentric product in any situations where health or safety might be at risk. In addition, Photocentric makes no representations regarding the fitness of Photocentric’s hardware or software provided, for the design or construction of parts or components that may be subject to additional regulation in your jurisdiction, such as toys, weapons, or medical devices. In particular, Photocentric does not sell any product or service intended or approved for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, in man or other animals. In no event shall Photocentric be liable for any death or bodily injury that you suffer, or that you cause to any third party, in connection with your use of Photocentric products for such purposes. Further, Photocentric products should not be used by untrained or underage users. Photocentric disclaims any express or implied warranty of fitness for such usage.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the Products is at your sole risk. The products and services delivered to you are (except to the extent otherwise expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
No Photocentric reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PHOTOCENTRIC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION OR ANY OTHER REASON, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED OR USED WITH PHOTOCENTRIC PRODUCTS AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCT.