The Liquid Crystal HR2 comes in its own made to measure packaging. Follow the steps below properly to unpack your printer, or watch the informative unboxing video below:
Note: Please do not remove the protective film covering the printer screen
6. USB with Photocentric License Key
7. Plastic Scraper (Vat Cleaning Tool)
8. Power Adaptor (12V)
9. Power Supply
10. Print Sample
11. Nitrile Gloves
Note: If you do not have a display port connection you can use a display port to HDMI adaptor. VGA connections are not supported.
1. When your print has finished, press the +50 button and the platform will rise to above the level of the vat.
2. Remove the hood again and with absorbent paper under it, remove the flex plate or build platform and set it down on the paper. Place the hood back on to protect the resin in the vat from light.
3. Gently remove any excess polymer with absorbent paper. The fastest way to clean it and achieve a dry surface is by removing the flex plate and spraying or immersing it in Photocentric Resin Cleaner, which can be purchased from our store. Alternatively, you can wash it in hot water and detergent. Hold the flex plate under running hot water and gently clean the part with a soft brush or sponge and liquid detergent. Then remove the object by twisting the flex plate and cut off the supports. Take care not to damage it, it will not achieve full hardness until after post exposing in light. An ultrasonic cleaner is
useful to clean delicate objects.
When clean of residual resin, place in water of Aprox. 60ºC, and leave under UV unit for ideally 2 hours. For optimum post-cure results, replace the water with hot water as needed. Longer may be needed if using Daylight not UV. Remove from water and dry.
Note: If you’re printing dental prints, something delicate or you wish for your print to stay in its constructed shape, you will need to complete the post exposure in water whilst the print is still attached to the platform.
2 hours post exposure
1. Chip off any cured resin and clean the flex plate and platform with hot water and liquid detergent. Dry it thoroughly before inserting back into printer. Ensure the build platform is placed on the printer with the Serial Number sticker to the rear. Also, make sure the flex plate is placed back on the platform with the wings extending upwards.
2. Empty the vat and clean it after every print in case you have any solid pieces on the bottom as these would prevent the platform from homing correctly. Lift the vat from the printer; pour the resin back into the bottle through the filter paper into the funnel provided.
3. If you have a leak on the screen mop up the liquid resin immediately using absorbent paper. Clean off with a damp cloth with detergent. Hardened resin can be removed by chipping off with a credit card or plastic scraper (provided in the ancillary box. Metal scrapers should only be used with extreme care to avoid scratching the screen.
4. The build platform is labelled with the Serial # of the printer that it was supplied with. If you are using more than one printer, it is important to ensure that the correct build platform is placed back on the corresponding printer. The homing of the platform is performed during factory production, however, if rehoming is necessary, follow the instructions below.
It is necessary to follow the homing set-up if a new build platform is being used or if an existing platform is to be used on a different printer. It is also, recommended that re-homing is completed after 100 prints approximately.
1. With the build platform completely removed, press the maintain button then press the home button.
2. Loosen the three adjustment screws on top of the print arm with an allen key.
3. Replace the build platform ensuring the Serial Number sticker is to the rear and that the flex plate is fitted. Do not tighten the central lever yet. Tighten each adjustment screw until resistance is met, do not over tighten.
4. Now tighten the central lever. Use the control panel to raise the platform, ensuring it lifts evenly. If it does not, repeat the homing procedure.
5. Apply locklite threadlocker to the three screws.
Please read carefully.
Re-skinning the vat is a simple process but care and attention must be paid to cleanliness and removing cured bits of resin. Make sure at each stage of the process that the work surface, vat, and your hands are very clean and free from debris that may cause holes in the film.
1. Remove the film currently taped to the vat and dispose of it. It may be possible to use the double-sided tape again if it has no resin on it. If the tape cannot be reused, remove it completely and replace on the lower edge of the vat.
2. Wipe the vat clean and wash all parts with soap and water. Pay attention to the underside of the vat, resin may have cured here. Remove any hard bits of resin as they may make a hole when tightening the new film over it.
3. Place double sided tape at the top of all four sides of the vat. Check the new vat film isn’t pierced or dented and place it over the protective brown paper, on a flat work surface. Place one edge of the vat along the edge of vat film.
4. Fold over the other side of the film and pulling it firmly tight in the middle stretch the edges out so there are no creases.
5. Pull each side of the film up and onto the sides of the vat.
6. Apply single sided tape at the corners over the folds to keep the film tight. The vat should now be tensioned. Trim excess edges off. On the short sides of the vat place a piece of single sided tape.
7. Finally, fill with water and leave on absorbent paper to check for leaks. Drain and dry with paper towel before use.
We recommend installing Photocentric Studio, which comes with your printer, after you have printed the pre-loaded test file on your LC HR2. Photocentric Studio is perfect to slice and support your files ready to print – to get started follow the set up instructions below.
1. Load your file into the Photocentric Studio Software.
2. Click on ‘Support Mode’ on the right side pane.
3. Click on ‘Generate Supports and the supports will be generated automatically for the model.
You can adjust or manually add supports to your models using Photocentric Studio. For more information how to do so refer to the support videos below.
Supporting and Slicing Your File with Photocentric Studio – LC HR2 with Flexible Resin
Supporting and Slicing Your File with Photocentric Studio – LC HR2 High Tensile Resin
Supporting and Slicing Your File with Photocentric Studio – LC HR2 with Firm Resin 50um
The LCHR2 supports two different types of network connection: Ethernet and WiFi. To set up ethernet, simply plug the ethernet cable into the back of the printer and connect it to your router.
Steps to set-up Wifi:
1. Power on the printer with the rocker switch at the back of the printer.
2. Click Settings on the touchscreen on the front of the printer.
3. Once booted click Wifi Settings.
4. Wait until your desired Wifi network shows.
5. Select the desired network and press the button “Setup Network”.
6. Enter your Wifi Password and press Accept.
7. Finish by pressing Save.
8. Press Home to get back to the main screen.
9. When done reboot the printer.
To start a print from a touchscreen you can either use print files already loaded on the printer or you can upload pre-sliced .CWS files from a USB stick. To upload files from the USB stick, simply insert the USB in the front of the printer, go to the homepage and wait. After a few seconds, press the Print button and all of the files should be uploaded to the printables and be available to print.
1. From the home page press Print.
2. Select the printable you want to remove and click the red button with the X on the right.
3. Click Yes to delete the file.
Read the instructions carefully. Keep this document for future reference. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product. Observe the
following guidelines when connecting and disconnecting power to the external power supply unit:
– Install the power supply unit before connecting the power cord to the AC power outlet.
– Unplug the power cord before removing the power supply unit from the printer.
– Operate on a table or flat, stable surface, ensuring that the machine cannot fall and is level.
– Do not operate outdoors.
– Do not allow resin or any liquids to get inside the chassis, wipe up any liquid spills immediately.
– Do not use solvents to clean the printer as they may damage the screen. Use a little detergent and warm water to clean any resin spills.
– Disconnect the printer from AC before storage or when not used for a long period of time. This 3D printer is connected to the electrical network
with an input of 110 or 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, and has an operational voltage of 12 V.
– Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate this product where people will walk on the cord.
– If an extension cord is used with this product, make sure that the total ampere rating of the equipment plugged into the extension cord does not exceed the extension cord ampere rating. Also, make sure that the total rating of all products plugged into the wall outlet does not exceed the fuse rating.
– Use the product only with the supplied power supply cord set. If you need to replace the power cord set, make sure that the new power cord meets the following requirements: detachable type, UL listed/CSA certified, VDE approved or its equivalent, 4.5 meters (15 feet) maximum
– In case of malfunction, disconnect the printer immediately from network.
– Do not attempt to fix this product by yourself, as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage points or other risks.Refer all repairs to qualified service personnel. Please send an email to your national supplier
or contact technical service at:
Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to a qualified service personnel if:
– The power cord or plug is damaged, cut or frayed.
– Liquid has been spilled in the machine.
– The machine was exposed to rain or water.
– The machine has been dropped or the case has been damaged.
– The machine does not operate normally after following the operating instructions.
– Keep the printer and resins out of the reach of children.
– The resin is an irritant to skin and eyes. Always wear gloves when coming into contact with the liquid resin. Always use in a well ventilated room.
– Resins are classified as irritants, not harmful, but in exceptional circumstances people can be sensitive to the resin and develop a skin irritation or rash. Avoid this possibility by always wearing gloves and avoid breathing fumes.
– The printer should be operated on a stable and level surface, preferably away from direct ambient light.
Do not throw this electronic device into the waste when discarding. To minimise pollution and ensure protection of the environment, please recycle or return to Photocentric for recycling.
Printers supplied through this website or one of our authorized distributors are supplied with a 12 month Warranty from the date of delivery. If goods are faulty on arrival, you have 30 days from receipt of goods to notify us and receive a refund or replacement. In this case, Photocentric will send a GRN and courier labels to be printed and attached to the parcel. If, during the first year of ownership, you perceive a problem with any part of the printer that is not a consumable, please contact us in writing at email@example.com with as much information as possible, including your order number or printer number. We will ask questions and you will assist us in diagnosing any issues with your product. We will send replacement parts or bring the printer in for repairs at Photocentric or one of our distributors, as deemed necessary. The warranty does not cover any damage or fault caused by misuse, neglect, accident, improper storage or repair or any other reason that is not attributable to Photocentric. Photocentric is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to use of printers or other products.
Except as explicitly provided in these Terms, we do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our products will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the product will be accurate or reliable.
Photocentric believes that its products work as intended, but you should not use any Photocentric product in any situations where health or safety might be at risk. In addition, Photocentric makes no representations regarding the fitness of Photocentric’s hardware or software provided, for the design or construction of parts or components that may be subject to additional regulation in your jurisdiction, such as toys, weapons, or medical devices. In particular, Photocentric does not sell any product or service intended or approved for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, in man or other animals. In no event shall Photocentric be liable for any death or bodily injury that you suffer, or that you cause to any third party, in connection with your use of Photocentric products for such purposes. Further, Photocentric products should not be used by untrained or underage users. Photocentric disclaims any express or implied warranty of fitness for such usage.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the Products is at your sole risk. The products and services delivered to you are (except to the extent otherwise expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
No Photocentric reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PHOTOCENTRIC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION OR ANY OTHER REASON, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED OR USED WITH PHOTOCENTRIC PRODUCTS AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCT.